Square One: Adult Re-Entry
If you have never attended college or have been out of school for five years or more our program will help you transition into the world of higher education. This college-preparatory course will help update your reading, writing, and math skills which are needed to pass the entrance exam (ACCUPLACER), assimilate you to college life, and assist with the admission process. Upon acceptance into CSU and successful completion of Square One: Adult Re-Entry (on campus version only), students are awarded three college credits that satisfy the First Year Experience requirement.
- Satisfy CSU's First Year Experience requirement
- Academic skills refresher course
- Assistance with the admissions process
- Orientation to Columbus State University
- Connect with other adult students
Square One: Adult Re-Entry is offered in two formats:
1) Square One: Adult Re-Entry on-campus is a four week course that meets four evenings per week. Monday - Thursday from 6:00pm-8:30pm on main campus. Students in the on-campus program will have access to the Adult Resource Center and faculty members that will facilitate the reading, writing, and math ACCUPLACER prep. In addition, CSU will waive the $40 application fee and provide three college credits upon enrollment at CSU. The cost is $199.
2) Square One: Adult Re-Entry on-line is FREE of charge with no start or end date. The on-line option does NOT include the application fee waiver or the college credit.
Click here to register for either the FREE ONLINE or IN-CLASS course.
Current students can log into the Square One: Online course here.
For more information, contact:
Ms. Julie Lassalle
Position: Academic Advisor/Retention Specialist
Office: Schuster Center 207